Sunday, January 16, 2011

Week 2: A New Beginning Weigh In

Just got back from a holiday away from Belleville so please forgive me for not posting this update until now.

I decided to weigh in one day early this week, as I was going away and didn't want to weigh in after my weekend away. If you know what I mean? The temptations of going out for meals is so crazy, but I think I did pretty good.




Starting weight: 276 lbs. BMI: 40

Week 2: January 14, 2011 Weight: 269 BMI: 38 Weekly Weight Loss Percentage: 1.01%

Total Weight Loss Percentage: 2.54% Weight Loss This Week: 3 lbs

Total Weight Loss To Date: 7 lbs.

Not too bad...still on track of my weight loss.

I found a little bit of info over the internet this past week hoping to try a few of these hints and see how it goes for me.

Eat and drink the following with reckless abandon:

Spinach
Broccoli
Green, Red, or Yellow Pepper
Cucumber
Apples
Asparagus
Cauliflower
Green Beans
Kale
Celery
Pretty much any green leafy vegetable with the exception of iceberg lettuce
Water


Eat 2 – 4 servings of the following throughout the day:


Carrots
Bananas
Berries
Peaches
Plums
Oranges
Pretty much any fresh fruit you like



Eat one 4 – 6 ounce lean serving of the following with each meal.

Preparation should be grilled, steamed, baked, or stir fried – no breaded and fried foods!:

Turkey breast
Chicken breast
Steak
Pork
Fish
Also consider eggs (2 or 3)

Eat one serving of the following with each snack.

Truth be told, I recommend you avoid dairy during your weight loss quest, but if you feel you need it, eat it with your snacks:

Almonds
Walnuts
Cashews
Natural peanut butter (no sugar, no salt added)
Yogurt
Low-fat cottage cheese
Low-fat milk
Eat these only with your meal that follows your fitness training and only in limited portion:
Oatmeal
Brown rice
Legumes
Potatoes
Whole wheat bread
Whole wheat pasta
Other whole grain food items

Use the following in extremely limited portions or not at all:

Salad dressing
Butter
Cheese
Other condiments
Foods and Drinks you MUST stay away from to lose weight
Soda (tons of sugar and lots of empty calories)
Alcohol (empty calories and usually leads to bad food choices when drinking)
Sugar
Fast Food
Creamy salad dressings (Ranch, 1000 Island, etc.)

Well there you have it for this week, hope all goes well with Week 3 for myself.

Prayer and Persistance will always be first in my quest for my weight loss.

Until Next Time,

This Is A Day In The Life Of Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment